Top 10 Job Interview Tips
There are many job interview tips that have been presented throughout this site that will help you maximize your chances at having a successful interview.
Top 10 Job Interview Tips
1. Preparation is the key to success.
There are many things that you can do to increase your chances of success in an interview. You can significantly improve your chances for success by following some of the preparation advice on this site.
2. The interviewer wants you to be successful.
It may not feel like it but the interviewer wants you to succeed. They have a need in their organization that they need to fill and they are hoping that you are the one who will be able to fill that need.
3. The questions you ask can tell more about you than the answers you give.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions during your interview. It will show the interviewer that you are interested and also give you an opportunity to get more information about the position.
4. The more you exercise your interview muscle, the stronger it will get!
Don’t be discouraged if your first few attempts at a job interview don’t lead to employment. Treat each attempt at practice, and you’ll find that your job interview skills will develop quickly
5. Know your resume.
Make sure you are prepared to talk about the experience that you have listed in your resume. Try to think about that experience relates to the job that you are applying for.
6. Do your homework.
Research the organization that you are applying to in advance of the interview. You don’t have to be an expert but you should have a general understanding of what the business does, and how your role fits into the overall picture.
7. Thinking about your actual experiences will help you answer situational interview questions.
Drawing upon your life experience when answering job interview questions will make you feel more comfortable, and give you the opportunity to provide an answer that is rich with real life examples.
8. Practicing job interview questions is a great way to prepare for your interview.
This site has a wide range of sample job interview questions that you can review. Familiarizing yourself with some of these questions and thinking about the answers will help you have a successful interview.
9. When asked about past challenges; always focus on what you learned from the experience.
Everybody makes mistakes, what sets you apart is what you’ve learned from them.
10. When asked about your weaknesses or a challenge that you've had in the past, focus most of your time on what you learned from the experience.